Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm Six Now, Mom



Little boy - you are six years old today - and, already you think your whole world has changed.

"I'm six now...I don't have to hold your hand in the street."

"Six year olds go to bed at 8:00, not 7:00"

"Six year olds can have candy whenever they want, mom."

"Mom, when I turn 6 1/2 I'll be in high school."

You are growing so fast, but are a study in contradictions. One minute you can take on the world, and the next you are scared to go to sleep.

This year has changed so much - you are in school now, and doing great. You are everything I hoped you would be - and I am so proud of you! But, don't be in a hurry, little man- take your time with growing up.


I loved watching you with your friends at your birthday. It was so cute - the way you all said "dude" after and before everything else you said. You forgot all about us, and were focused on your friends. You are a sweet, smart, amazing boy - and I am so glad to be your mom.

No comments: