Here we go for 2009:
Organization!!! We are *fingers crossed* moving this year into the first house we have ever owned. I am going to organzie the crap out of it. We may not be able to afford to fully furnish it, but, I will organize it.
Continued weight loss: I have lost ALMOST 35 pounds since June. Good times. I am not going to set a goal this year, except to be even smaller at the beginning of 2010.
Kids: try not to be so annoyed by them/have more patience. Oh, and blog the cute things they say and do. I am forgetting it all in my old age.
Here is an example:
Ainsley's jeans were too long one day, and they were dragging under her heels. She looked up at me, pointed to her ankles and said,
"mommy, a little help here?"
Happy New Year!!!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Here we go for 2009:
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
I have recently gotten in touch with an old friend from high school (and I don't me "old as in OLD" - in fact I am probably older than him), and it got me thinking about some of the funny stuff we did (and mostly it was him...I was just along for the ride).
First of all, keep in mind, my little group of friends was all in the AP/honors classes, so, frankly, we were bored. I remember one night when we were at my house "studying". There were 3 or 4 of us - honestly, I don't remember who all was there, but I am sure my recently reunited friend was there. Let's call him "Bill", after all - that's his name!
We were in pre-calculus (I just had to spell check "calculus"), and we got stuck on some problem. So, we decided to look up our math teacher, Mrs. Pelitier, in the phone book. Yes, kids, that was in the days before cell phones and the internet. Anyhow, we found her, and called the number (and by "we", I mean "Bill"). Her husband answered. Now, honestly, by this point I was laughing so hard that I don't remember what exactly was said - I'm a giggler like that. I suppose "Bill" asked him to speak with his wife, and the husband - in absolute STUPIDITY - told us that she was at the grocery store. Not only that - he told us which store.
Now, you guess what happened next.
That's right - ROAD TRIP!!!! I can't remember which store she was at - probably Food Lion or Tom Thumb. Anyhow, we all piled into a car (probably mine - a rockin' 1985 Toyota Carolla 5 Speed). And then we went to the grocery store.
And we thought it was HILARIOUS!!!!!!
I don't know why we thought it was hilarious. She was there with her kids.
And that was HILARIOUS!!!!
And we asked her a math question.
And that was HILARIOUS!!!!
Then, I think we went to her house and put something on her front porch. I don't remember what,
but I know we thought it was HILARIOUS!!!!
She must have thought we were the biggest pains in the ass, and she probably unlisted her telephone number that night. But, we got our math question answered.
This is just one of my many "Bill" stories. He told me that he read through my blog. Given that this blog is completely fractured and random, and I don't post very often, it is bizarre to think that someone read through it, but he did, and so now he gets a story told about him.
Just think, "Bill", I could have told the story about the time you wore all black to school for several days because of an "issue" with your girlfriend.
That was also hilarious. Sorta.
Or the days you spent selling us candy and then got in trouble for beating the vending machine prices, and costing the school revenue on the vending machines.
Then there were the CO-2 bombs. You know, I prosecuted some high school kids for the same shenanigans. And I thought of you the whole time!!
Monday, June 2, 2008
I finally downloaded some pictures. Here is our life from the last few months:
My in laws visited. Here is my MIL making bread with the kids.
Then my brother in law visited with his wife and my niece, Claire. Here are the three kids:
A few weeks later we took our kids to a nearby farm. Here is Ainsley with a baby pig.
And Brandon with a goat.
And Ainsley riding a pony.
And Brandon riding a pony. (The pony rides were $4 per child, people. I am posting the pictures!)
Then we picked peaches - after all, it was a peach festival.
Then it was Brandon's last day of kindergarten. He got the "milky way" award for most creative and imaginative.
Then the kids all sang/screamed out the lyrics to 4 songs.
And we got a new puppy!!! She's a mastiff - her name is Maya.
Here she is meeting our other dog - Kali. (the stupid, but lovable daschund). Kali wont be the bigger dog for long!(Please ignore my filthy area rug. I didn't realize how dirty it was til I looked at these pictures)
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
I haven't posted in a while - been busy, what with Christmas, New Years, thyroid surgery, the start of t-ball, moving my office to a new building (20 miles closer to my house!!!!), and watching Big Brother (hey - it is on 3 hours a week!!!)
So, to welcome myself back, I thought I would answer a list of 50 questions forwarded to me by Angel at Emancipation of a Drama Queen. (I would link to her site, but Blogger is a stupid-head, and wont let me do links right now! She is in my blog roll).
By the way, Angel is totally adorable and trying to convince her husband to move to Arizona so that she and I can hang out. : )
Here are the 50 questions:
50 ODD Things about you!
1. Do you like blue cheese? oh yes, especially with a burger or a steak.
2. Have you ever smoked cigars? No, but I like the smell okay. It really doesn't bother me like cigarette or pot smoke does. (not like I know what pot smells like, but, given that it is ILLEGAL, it must smell bad. I wouldn't know. really. okay, but I didn't inhale)
3. Do you own a gun? No - they scare me.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at sonic? vanilla
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? depends. am I going to have to stand on a scale to be weighed? In that case - yes, scary!!!
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I love hot dogs. Chili dogs (particularly from Sonic) are super yummy!
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Miracle on 34th Street
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Iced Coffee
9. Can you do push ups? uh...the girlie kind with my knees on the ground.
10. Did you marry your High School sweetheart? Which one? Kidding. No...turned out we didn't have all that much in common.
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? Wedding rings (I know this is a boring answer, but it's true)
12. Favorite hobby? Napping.
13. Favorite car you ever had? 1991 Saturn that I bought in the summer of 96 with money I had saved up/inherited.
14. Do you have A.D.D.? no. I have the opposite. once I start doing something, it is hard to change gears.
15. What's one trait you hate about yourself? other than my deflated beach ball looking stomach??? I hate that I like to gossip, but, have I got a story for you!! (kidding...)
16. Middle name? Ann
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? I think I still have some jelly beans left from Easter. I should probably be doing actual work right now. My phone is ringing.
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Iced coffee. Lunch. Gas.
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? duh - Iced coffee, chai tea, Diet Dr Pepper.
20. Current worry? Is Brandelion being bullied at school? should I go to his teacher about this little brat named Travis who keeps pulling his hair?
21. Current hate right now? lack of office supplies in my new office.
22. Favorite place to be? with my husband, just about anywhere.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? With a quiet dinner with my husband in our living room while the kids slept.
24. Where would you like to go? On a honeymoon. still haven't had one. married 7 years.
25. Name four people who will complete this? Who knows.
26. Do you own slippers? not right now.
27. What shirt are you wearing? My favorite pink 3/4 sleeve sweater.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No. They remind me of my deceased grandmother.
29. Can you whistle? not really.
30. Favorite color? Purple
31. Would you be a pirate? only if my husband asked really nicely and had a cute outfit for me to wear.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Country.
33. Favorite girl's name? Obviously - Ainsley.
34. Favorite boy's name? Obviously - Brandon.
35. What's in your pocket right now? Nothing.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? A crazy police report.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? uhh...I don't really remember. I think I had some flowered ones...and at one point maybe care bears...
38. Worst injury you've ever had? When I was 15 months old I was attacked by a dog and had over 100 stitches in my face. Still have the scars.
39. Do you love where you live? I like it right now. When it is 115 degrees in a couple of months you can check back with me.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2 (and a broken one in the garage)
41. Who is your loudest friend? hmmm...I don't like especially loud people - so not a lot of loud friends.
42. How many dogs do you have? 1 - Kali, a daschaund that still pees on the carpet sometimes. She is stupid, but cute.
43. Does someone have a crush on you? not likely.
44. Do you have a Best friend? I'm not great at the friend thing...I don't stay in touch very well, and I tend to be a home body.
45. What is your favorite book? I think probably the Princess Bride, just because I can read it over and over and it is always good.
46. What is your favorite candy? Any thing with dark chocolate
47. Favorite Sports Team? Texas Longhorns - hook 'em!
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? what ever makes people feel better.
49. What were you doing at 12 a.m.? sleeping.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Was that the dog puking on the floor? (PS - the answer was yes)
Posted by Working Gal at 3:19 PM