Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Kindergarten Blues

My baby starts KINDERGARTEN in the fall!!!

Ok, I already knew that, but, last night it really hit me and AtHomeHubby. It made me think back to the first day we had to put Brandelion in daycare when he was eight months old.

We had visited the daycare several times, and we knew he would be fine. I thought I was okay, and the first day I arrived a little early and got him settled in. I headed home to change and get ready to go to work and school, and as I got out of the building

I. Lost. It.

I stood in the parking lot of the daycare BAWLING, and wanting to go back in to get him. I made myself get in the car, and by the time I drove the 10 minutes home I had cried so hard that I had a migraine.

I called in sick to work, and just stayed at home for the day while my baby was at daycare!!!

My mom called me later in the day, thinking I was at work. It turns out that she had sent me flowers at my job because she knew what a tough day it was going to be for me, her baby.

Peace Out,

Working Gal

2 comments:

Mike said...

The Talker starts in August, too.

He reminds me daily that he won't be nervous. I refuse to make the same promise.

Anonymous said...

My 3rd baby starts kindergarten this fall,too. So not ready for it.
Good Luck.