Monday, December 18, 2006

Done Working

So, I am done working for this year. For the next three days I will be in a training seminar with a bunch of cops - should be fun, or, at least, not work. Then, I am out of the office until January 2. Unfortunately, my grandmother died this weekend, and so I am faced with traveling to Santa Fe for a memorial service. It's sorta a relief because she had been in the hospital for 7 weeks, and then in hospice for a week. Her death allows me 5 days of "bereavement" leave - hence the absence from the office the rest of December.

I'm not entirely sure what to do with myself at home - but, we are hosting AtHomeHubby's family for Christmas - so, time to start making fudge and cleaning the house! AtHomeHubby seems excited to have me home for a couple of weeks. Hopefully the kids will enjoy it too!

It should allow for more posts about the cute stuff the kids do and say...I've got to write it down, because, looking back, I realize how much I have already forgotten!

3 comments:

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

Let me welcome you to your new blog. Enjoy the insanity in your home over the holidays.

Thanks for the link to AtHomeDaddy. I have linked to your blog over there, now.

LID said...

Good luck with the new blog -- looks great so far. Tell athomehubby there's alot of us out here and we're growing everyday. I, like Mike have linked you to my page, as well.