Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Nobody Calls Me Chicken

Karly from Wiping Up Snot DARED us to be interviewed by her. She even called us "chicken" when only one person volunteered. Well, just like Marty in Back to the Future "NOBODY calls me CHICKEN!"

Here's my interview:

Karly: How old were you when you got your first kiss?

There are two stories. First, the story I like to remember as my first kiss, we'll call it the Dreamy kiss. Second, my actual, horrible, disgusting first kiss.

The "Dreamy" kiss.

I was 13 and in 7th grade, and while I had "boyfriends" before - as a very immature 6th grader, but this boy, we'll call him Matt, was my first true case of love, or, at least, puppy love. (geez...what a horrible run-on sentence. Guess I wasn't paying attention in 7th grade English - Matt and I probably had the class together!) We started "going together" at the beginning of 7th grade. He was in all of the honors classes with me, but also played football and trumpet in the band. He was taller than me (a real feat - I was 5'4" in 7th grade) and had wavy brown hair. We would talk on the phone for hours driving our folks crazy. I remember how his mom would scream (in a heavy Texas accent) "Matthew - get off that phone NOW"

Anyway, we went together to one of the high school football games and sat together holding hands in the bleachers. After the game was over, and we had to leave we were standing up at the VERY top of the bleachers, looking over the back down at the parking lot. I wish I remember what he said, but he leanend over and kissed me - just a brief, but firm kiss on the lips. I was over the moon!

The AWFUL (but truthful) first kiss. I had this quasi-boyfriend type in 6th grade who was a "kicker" (this is what we called the cowboy types at my school). What I didn't know was that he dipped chewing tobacco. What he didn't know was that you should not kiss a girl (and by kiss I mean awkwardly shove your tounge down her throat) unless you have AT LEAST rinsed your mouth out. 'Nuf said.

Karly: If you won 1 million bucks, what would be the first thing you would do?

The very first thing I would do is not tell anyone except my husband. I don't want anyone asking me for cash. Then I would be practical and pay off all my debts, and buy a modest house. I would by two good practical cars and then splurge on two big vacations (1) a big extended family vacation, and (2) a honeymoon to Europe. Hubby and I never really had a honeymoon. I would invest the rest and give a chunk to charity.

I am all about financial security. That's why my answer is so boring!

Karly: Have you ever been arrested?

No, thank god! I am a prosecutor and it would have been tough to get this job if I had. Now, on the other hand, have I done things that I could have been arrested for? Yep, but nothing major. And I'm NOT telling that story.

Karly:What is your favorite thing about having a son?

He loves to crack me up and make me laugh. He stands up for me when Hubby is "picking" on me. He worships and I know he will protect his little sister.

Karly: Daughter?

I love the girly stuff - fixing her hair, the way she plays with her baby dolls. I especially love how chatty she is. I can picture many years of us having girl talk.

Karly: If you could do one thing different in your life, what would it be?

I would go back and tell my 19 year-old self, "Girl, your metabolism is going to change in college. DON'T eat crap like you are still in high school. You are going to be PISSED when you gain 20 pounds that first year!"

Thanks for the interview, Karly. Would anyone else like to be interviewed? I'll try to come up with individualized questions, like Karly did for me. Come on...don't make me call you Chicken!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good answers! Especially to number 5! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great answers. And yes! to number 5. Pizza and alcohol made Leslie one chunky chica!