Friday, February 9, 2007

My last day without a commute

Today I slept in until 7:00.
I still got to work at 8:00.

Monday I'll have to get up by 6:00.
I'll still get to work at 8:00.

Today I'll leave the office at 5:00.
I'll see my kids by 5:45.

Monday I'll leave the office at 5:00.
Hopefully I'll be home by 6:30 to see the kids off to bed.

*sigh*

I just have to keep reminding myself that this is a promotion of sorts. I'll be prosecuting adult felony offenders instead of juveniles. Doing good, blah blah blah. Hopefully my kids will understand some day why I'm always gone. I guess it could be worse. Most nights I'll make it home in time for reading books and giving hugs.

I have to warn you, fellow bloggers- I'll will not be able to post and comment with so much frequency - my new boss is a bit more hands on - and I have a lot to learn in my new assignment. I'll try to switch my blogging to nights - so sorry in advance for my late comments.

Have a great weekend everyone - I know I plan to.

5 comments:

Angel said...

Enjoy your weekend!!!

Ahhh those freakin' commutes. Your new one sounds way longer than hubby... poor woman. Good luck.

Mike said...

You gotta do what it takes.

Good luck with the new job and bust a bad guy for me!

Angel said...

Mike!!! I thought you were sleeping and napping. Stop commenting in your sleep bud, you might regret it! LOL

Thinking of you as the day before the horrible commute begins.

LID said...

I'm with Mike... do what it takes...and go get the bad guys! Make the world a little safer!

MamaMaven said...

Best of luck!