Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Postponing Valentines



Today I left for work before AtHomeHubby got up, and will be in bed before he gets home from work. So, we agreed that Valentine's Day in our house is tomorrow. We don't make a big deal out of it - we just had our anniversary last month. I just got him a small gift for tomorrow morning.

My point though, is that my son (thanks to the Disney Channel no doubt) knew that it was V-Day. I got home, and was checking my email (after checking my explorer history to make sure my 16 year old baby sitter isn't using the computer!).

Anywho... Brandelion came in, leaned his head on my shoulder and said,


I love you, mom. I just wanted to tell you that - because it's Valentine's Day.

Brandelion is such a sweet and sensitive boy that he went on to tell me,

I didn't get any cards for Valentines, mom. (sad voice).

Now I feel like CRAP - I didn't think he was old enough for me to worry about Valentine's day - YIKES. So, this post is partially hoping I will find this next year and remember that I have more than one valentine.

3 comments:

LID said...

Easy... Just tell him today is Valentine's Day at your house! Everybody celebrates it on Feb. 14th but only you guys celebrate on the 15th... makes it all the more special! Gotta think on your feet gal!

Angel said...

Awwww so sweet.

My son greeted me with a smile and a 'happy valentines day mommy' and a hug. I'll have to remember this in 7 years. *sigh*

Today he came running home telling me he was hit with cupids arrow and was in love with Becca.... so soon?

Have him help you make valentines tomorrow evening. He'll soon forget what day it was on because of that.

OhTheJoys said...

Aw!

It didn't occur to me to get anything for my kids...doh!