Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Surviving the Commute

Now that I have been working downtown for two days, I am becoming reacquainted with my "city" language, as opposed to my polite suburban curses such as "fudge" and "shoot"

okay, I have never said those words except maybe, "I would shoot someone for some fudge right now"....well, never have said that either, but it seems more likely than "oh, fudge!"
*please avert your eyes from this post if you have sensitive ears*

I feel like I have been absent from my blog for eons - but, really, only two days. Yesterday, quite frankly, felt like a week.

Yesterday MAJORLY SUCKED ASS!

I spent nearly an hour and a half EACH WAY driving - then, they don't even have an office for me yet because my new office is still occupied because she can't move, because her new office isn't ready because the guy in it can't move....etc....because some jack ass up the chain of command hasn't bothered to get his SHIT out of his office - some excuse about "being in a homicide trial..." blah blah, freakin' blah.

So, I spent most of the day doing NOTHING - then I drove back for another hour and a half. The bright side was reuniting with a bunch of friends.

Today - I rode the bus - MUCH better. 15 minute drive to the Park and Ride, 45 minute bus ride - very low stress. You see - I don't enjoy driving. All that paying attention really gets me down.

I actually think I am going to enjoy my new position - I really do like being down town, and it seems that I have figured out a way to make the commute bearable.

2 comments:

Angel said...

My sister moved to Tampa florida and had a job lined up. She started the job and the 20 mile commute was 1-1/2 hours. So after a week... she quit.

Her new hubby has his job so she can accept and quit jobs at will. In fact! she just got another job and was supposed to start today but called and quit before she started. Yep.

I worked up to 6 days before having my son and then after that. And now I'm embarking on working again.

*applause to you* for being so optomistic and finding the silver lining. Inspiring is what you are!

Angel said...

Phoenix traffic SUCKS! I can't wait for the rail to go in. Then maybe hubs and I will move there so his commute won't be so bad. We were coming back from Sedona and I called my mom and said PLEASE tell me this new 101 off of the 17 will take me east and I can avoid the 10. She gave me a great route and we avoided all the nasty traffic! WOOT!! I took the 17 to the 101 east, to Shea and took Shea all the way to 87. Then took Gilbert south my sister's house. Surface streets and stoplights were busy but that was better than the 10 and 60. YUCK!

I hope you get into your new office soon!