Wednesday, February 28, 2007

OMG!!!

In order to properly tell this story, let's lay the groundwork.

First, I love Chipotle - hopefully, you all have this chain by you - if not, I'm horribly sorry, and you should move. I have no real weakness for fast food, with this one exception. I eat there about once a week, and LOVE IT!!!! However, now that I work downtown, where the world is decidedly Chipotle-less, I can only grab it on the way home from work - a new habit I began last Wednesday (hubby's work night).

Tonight was the night, and, needless to say, I know exactly what I get:

Burrito Bol (like a burrito, but, no tortilla and in a bowl) with rice, black beans, and steak. Then I have them add corn salsa, sour cream, cheese and lettuce, and tonight I got some chips and salsa. Then, I get home, hastily put the children to bed, crack open a DDP (diet dr. pepper - I am from Texas after all), and write a blog post!



Don't judge me.

Anyhow, going through the line at Chipotle from the time you get to the front of it until the time you get to the cashier takes about 45 seconds - so long as you know what you are doing.

Now to tonight - in a hurry, babysitter waiting, rush into Chipotle. Whew - the line isn't too long good...Tapping my heels on the ground, being patient, ooohh, yum, I just can't wait for that yummy Chipotle goodness.

YES! The tiny lady in front of me - it's her turn, that means I'm next!

Then she starts with the very demanding voice, and it's hard to believe it came out of such a tiny body, but, I digress..

Okay, I need one burrito, but I just want the rice and chicken in it, then roll it up, I want everything else on the side.

No, no, not mixed together!!! I need a small side of veggies, a small side of corn, one of sour cream, and one of cheese!!!

At this point the barely bi-lingual girl behind the counter looks confused, but then she gets it and explains it to the next girl down the line who starts filling tiny cups with each ingredient.

The lady follows the burrito ALL the way down the line, the runs back to the beginning like she is doing wind sprints in PE class, and says:


Okay, now I need a fajita salad, but I just want the lettuce, and the rice in the bowl and everything else on the side....

etc, you get the idea.....

Wind sprint back to the beginning - and last I need a ....

This is where I wanted to find a sharp object to stab her.



What in the world is wrong with people?????

But, all is right with the world now. All I have to do is keep the sour cream off the keyboard!

- that last line sounded a little weird...but I'm going to keep it anyway.

6 comments:

Angel said...

that woman is always in front of me at the bank, the grocery store and every fast food joint in town. damn her!

Anonymous said...

I would like to invite you to participate in a research study of parenting views and practices. Dr. Kim White-Mills and Dr. Catherine Dobris of IUPUI (both are moms) are interested in understanding what sources parents find useful in their parenting practices, how parents use different parenting information, and what views parents across the county hold regarding parenting issues.

To access this survey, go to http://www.iupui.edu/~momviews/

Angel said...

hey....DramaMama and working gal, stop picking on me, I'm small and demanding but enoughs enough!!!

LMAO j/k

ewwww I hate that! And the sour cream line... I have sooooo many things I could say but will behave and refrain.

Angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flawed And Disorderly said...

Thanks to you bragging about Mexican food, Dr. Pepper, and teasing me with the next post title, "Oh minty cookies of my diet downfall" I must leave.

I'm starving and now NOTHING in my house sounds good! ACK! Can't you somehow pass me a burrito and a DP?

Anonymous said...

Darn it! We don't have a Chipotles around here and it sounds so much better than stupid ol' Taco Bell! Where you at? I'm moving!