Monday, February 26, 2007

Oh minty cookies of my diet downfall


Thanks to Mike's nearly criminal consumption of Girl Scout Cookies, the little cookie-pushing leprechauns have come west!

They have moved into the parking lot of my neighborhood grocery store.

They tempt me so - with their cuteness and their "we have a new sugar free cookie this year."

Well, I don't want your new sugar free cookie - I want one thing, and one thing only

THIN MINTS!!!

But, says my inner voice, you don't need thin mints. Besides, what's so special about them? You could always eat the Keebler Grasshopper cookies - they are really the same thing, and you manage to avoid those all year long. And don't forget your weight loss goal this year - how are thin mints going to help??

So, I answered my "rational" inner voice. I don't know what's so special - but I know they are special. Plus, it's for a good cause. Plus, I'll just get one box. Just one box this season - there, craving satisfied. Humph.

I tried people, I really did.

I caved.

One little box.

I decided I would take it to work and "share it".

I did take it to work.

Yet to share it.

hmmmm.....

I had a Lean Cuisine for lunch - only 250 calories.

Surely that calls for some cookies, right?

PS: Mike, we are going to need a support group - I could always mail you boxes from here. I don't want you to come crashing down after your cookie high and do anything crazy. I'll enable you, and, maybe next year you can help the cookie season (the happiest time of the year) come a little earlier to AZ! *Hee hee*


6 comments:

LID said...

S- don't encourage Mike -- you're such an enabler! He's cashin' in colege funds for Tag-A-Longs.

You two need help! Step away from the mints, wipe the crumbs off you mouth and put that box down. These are evil little girls lookin for free vacations.

OhTheJoys said...

They are so very EVIL!!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Oh, you see, for me, the temptation is that they have brought back their original cookies this year...mmmmmm...vanilla! I've only walked by them once so far, let's see if I make it...HAHA!!!!

Everything in moderation, girl! A few won't hurt you, it's the whole box that does the damage. That's just my opinion though.

Angel said...

One word...

Samoas!!

(did I even spell that right?)

Angel said...

The little cookie pushers brought my fix, I mean order directly to my door. Thin mints, somoas and those chocolate peanut butter kind (tagalongs?) Crap! Bikini season is coming up too darn it!!

Mike said...

OK, it'll work like this. It can be like a pre-paid legal type thing, but with cookies instead of lawyers.

We chip in money each month and then set up a network that can stalk to cookie sales around the country. Then a local hook-up can fill orders and get them sent out.

Texas, AZ, Pennsylhoweveryouspell it and perhaps Long Island are covered. I know some people in Alabama, but they are skinny. And therefore may not be trustworthy...