Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Quiet As A Mouse

In December I posted about Brandelion and the front door. Yesterday morning I came out into the living room about 5:45 AM, and he informed me,

Mom, your keys are in your car.

*half asleep* What?

I put your keys in the car so you could find them.

*louder* YOU WHAT????

Yep, they're in your car.

Sure enough - he had gotten my keys off the counter, unlocked the front door, gone out into the driveway, unlocked the car (didn't know he knew how to do this), put my keys in the front seat, gone back in the house,

and LOCKED the front door behind him.

at 5:30 or so in the morning.

Please

I beg you,

don't call CPS.

4 comments:

Angel said...

Wow...

I know some parents around here get a swing lock and put it up too high for the kids to reach. Think about doing that.

Good luck. Hey, kids can be frighteningly independent.

OhTheJoys said...

I live on a busy street - so this story scares the CR*P out of me.

Working Gal said...

Angel - we already have a swing lock. I am now thinking about door alarms and maybe a keyed deadbolt.

OTJ - thankfully, our street is quiet - but, it is always shocking how fast kids figure stuff out. I didn't need any coffee that morning thanks to the adrenaline.

Angel said...

That is a bit scary but cool at the same time! What a sweet gesture!! See, if I done that for my parents, I would have locked the car back up too... not realizing they couldn't get into the car then! LOL! But I'm stoooopid like that.