Thursday, January 18, 2007

FAVORITE TV shows

To help my loyal reader(s?), I thought I would start to share a bit about myself other than the mom persona. Also, I think I might look back on this sort of post in a couple of years and laugh. I am an absolute TV junkie!! Especially with a DVR and AtHomeHubby working 3 nights a week - I cram a lot of shows in. Here are some of my favorites:

1. Gilmore Girls. I have seen every single episode in every single season. Word is, this is the last season. If only I could take bereavement leave when my favorite show dies...

2. 24. I started watching this 2 seasons ago, and really enjoy the fast pace and plot twists. What I HATE is when people get tortured. If you watched the premiere you know what I mean. I end up cringing with my hand over my face (but I do peak out through my fingers).

3. Reality shows/competitions. Right now, I'm watching Apprentice. My favorite every year is "So You Think You Can Dance." Also, AtHomeHubby and I have watched Big Brother every season - what a guilty pleasure.

4. The Class. this is a new show this season - I have really enjoyed the way they are slowly revealing the characters and also starting to intertwine their lives with each other. Good stories, and Jason Ritter is pretty adorable (and about my age!)

5. Grey's Anatomy. McDreamy....McSteamy...yummm And I BAWLED my eyes out when Denny died, and last week when Izzie deposited the check.

6. Ugly Betty. I have loved America Ferrera since "Real Women Have Curves," and "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" (also starring Alexis Bledel of Gilmore Girls).

7. Desperate Housewives. A bit hit or miss. I love Carlos and Gabrielle - I think they'll end up back together. Also, I see a little bit of my self in Lynette - although I am not as manipulative. I could never think up stuff as fast as she does.

8. Men in Trees. Not very popular yet, but it is great - sort of Northern Exposure quirky small town stuff.

9. How I Met Your Mother. The characters in this are all nearly exactly my age (they have referenced years they were in college, etc), and I can totally relate. I think Barney is so funny - I just sorta want to hang out with these folks.

10. Big Love (HBO) I am hoping for the second season soon.... This show is kinda odd, but because I live in a part of the country with many mormans I find it interesting and entertaining. (now - so I don't get in trouble here - the characters on the show are polygamists - and I have never once met a Morman who practices polygamy - the church renounced it years ago). Also, I think we have all wished for an extra wife from time to time.

So, anyone else watch these? Do you agree/disagree? I love to talk TV... please comment if you have an opinion.

No comments: