Monday, January 22, 2007

It was a dark and stormy weekend

We had a rough weekend. It rained/drizzled both days and was cold (for Phoenix). Saturday, neither AtHomeHubby or I felt like even leaving the house - so we didn't. Cabin fever was rampant - AtHomeHubby slept until noon, after a long Friday night shift at the restaurant. By the time he got up - I was pretty frustrated with the kids - needless to say, we were just glad for bedtime.

Yesterday was better - we went to the gym (I haven't lost any more, but I'm holding steady) and the grocery store, watched football, AtHomeHubby went to work at 5:00, I made chili - and, OH YEAH - DramaQueen became obsessed with the potty.

We bought a kid sized potty seat for DramaQueen, and also put her in pull ups. She really seems to like the following pattern.

1. Put on new pull-up
2. Play for a while
3. Go potty in the pull up
4. Declare that she needs to go potty
5. Sit on potty
6. Declare, "I POTTY!!! Yea!!"
7. Flush lots of toilet paper
8. Repeat

I think she actually went once - but, as AtHomeHubby put it when he checked - too much toilet paper to be sure.

When we went through this with Brandelion - he was in daycare, and, to be honest, they did most of the work for us! I guess we're on our own.

No comments: