Saturday, January 6, 2007

Tax forms - they spin me right round, baby!

So, I had one of those panic moments the other day as I started trying to estimate our taxes. I already have my forms from work (we get them electronically - it's amazing, the government behemoth I work for doing something that efficiently....), and I have AtHomeHubby's last paycheck. Have I mentioned that my paltry government job doesn't pay quite enough and so AtHomeHubby works three nights a week at a restaurant? Which...funny story....oh, I'll save that for another post.

Anywho, I am using an online site (TaxSlayer) to do our taxes - used them last year too, and I entered everything, hit "calculate return" and HOLY SHIT - we OWE money, and we owe on state taxes too. That's not supposed to happen. I stewed about it for a couple of days, then went back and double checked it all. Turns out, I missed a digit in my "federal wages" boxes, and claimed that I made $10,000 more than in reality. I fixed that little glitch, and REFUND BABY!!!

I then did a happy dance...no, you wouldn't have wanted to see it...

1 comment:

LID said...

Our new baby boy was born in October...yeah you got right, Holy Tax Deduction... my little bundle of joy. His brother and sister were born in January so we had to wait a whole year to reap the rewards. That sucked!