Wednesday, January 24, 2007

State of the Union and other stuff

So, we watched the State of the Union address last night and had fun playing "pop-up video." Everytime the camera angle cut to someone in the audience, we put little thought bubbles over their head. For example, I guessed that Condi Rice was thinking, "geez, these shoes are killing my feet - do I really have to clap for this sh*t?"

And, have you noticed, she looks like a bobble head. I think she is losing weight, and as her shoulders get narrower, her hair gets bigger - throwing her completely out of proportion.

I am very excited for the next presidential election. I've been so dissapointed with the last two (like most democrats), and I am once again very hopeful. Right now, my favorites are Barak Obama and John Edwards....but we'll see.

The good news is - Bush can't run again! Of course, everytime you think that Republicans can't get any worse - they do. Remember - Bush Sr - everyone really made fun of him - but he seems like a diplomatic and foreign policy genius compared to his son.

I am all for someone who is a moderate deomocrat - as I have gotten older - my views have began to move more to the center. When I was young and idealistic it was harder to see both sides of an issue. And, I think it is a good thing - being able to look at both sides and be concillatory in tone.

Just my 2 cents (with inflation, probably more like 5 or 6 cents)

2 comments:

LID said...

As we get older everything seems to move to the center, LOL! Condi Rice definitely a bobble head. Budget cut backs y'know... no food on diplomatic envoy flights.

Working Gal said...

LID - I don't even know what to say about your first comment - I'm just going to leave it alone. :)