Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Is it too early to think about the weekend?

I am already planning my weekend and, *gasp* it is only Tuesday. Of course, I have a sorta 4 day week. Friday I have jury duty, so when I am done hanging out with all of the people trying to get out of duty I will be on weekend mode. This, combined with my relative lack of things to do at work pending my transfer leads me to thoughts of this weekend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
FRIDAY:
Here is how jury duty goes for me (I'm guessing)
  • 7:00 - 8:15 Drive to downtown Phonix
  • 8:15 - 8:25 Park and run over to the court building (lucky me, since I used to work downtown, I know where the best $2.00 all day lot is).
  • 8:25 - pretend I don't carry cash as I rush by all the nice homeless folks
  • 8:30 - report for jury duty
  • 8:30 - 11:00 Read a book
  • 11:00 - 11:30 answer a bunch of questions, and then get excused because *SHOCKING* attorneys don't want other attorneys on juries. Now, you have to understand - I would LOVE to get on a jury....see things from another angle, etc, etc. It's just not going to happen.
  • 11:30 - 1:30 Have lunch with friends
  • 1:30 - go home
Sounds like a good plan. Then, on Saturday, we are going to Tucson for my Grandad's birthday. His wife (my Grandma) died in December, and he is moving in with my Aunt in Utah in a couple of weeks. He and I have gotten really close since he has lived nearby for the last 3 years or so. So, we are having a birthday/goodbye party.

Sunday is, of course, the Super Bowl. And that means, of course, that AtHomeHubby is working Sunday night - and will be watching the Bowl from the bar at his restaurant. Fine by me. I can record it, start watching it 30 minutes late or so, and fast forward through all the boring stuff and watch the commercials instead! Not that I don't love football - I do, when my college team (HOOK 'EM HORNS!) is playing.
**WORKING GAL trivia - WG is from Texas - raised in Lewisville, outside of Dallas, then, went to college in Austin. How I ended up in the god-foresaken desert is another story. This also means I am a Dallas Cowboy, Texas Rangers, and Dallas Mavericks fan as well.




3 comments:

Mike said...

Loserville? What a coincidence. I grew up in North Texas, too. Burleson and then Denton for college.

Sorry about the whole Rangers, Mavs, Cowboys thing. I don't admit to that part of my past...

But Hook 'Em from Austin!

Working Gal said...

Gee - never heard that one before. I think maybe we beat up on Burleson in football. I was in high school for two of LHS's state championships - THAT was fun football.

However, you'll notice how I refrained from mentioning my high school mascot. I can't handle the mocking I get for that. (If you don't know it - google it! I'm not saying it!)

Yeah, my dad used to go to Denton to buy rum because Lewisville was, and probably is still, dry. (my parents used to make frozen daquries (Sp?) - don't laugh, it was the 80's and made sense at the time)

Mike said...

Well, it is likely true. Everyone beat up on Burst-leson. We won 1, one, uno, game during the 7 years between my oldest sibling starting high school and when I graduated.

Never saw good football until I got to Austin!