Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Still here..

A series of computer problems plagued my long weekend...but, I'm still here. First, a weight loss update - I'm down 2 more pounds for a total of 13 lost!!! Woo hoo!! We had a very nice weekend - Saturday 1/13 was my wedding anniversary (6 years) and also AtHomeHubby's birthday.

The kids and I snuck out of the house Saturday morning to buy party supplies - Brandelion was SET on having a surprise party for him. AtHomeHubby calls me while I am at the store - he woke up much earlier than I thought he would. I quietly informed him that he needed to go back to bed to be "surprised" in about 20 minutes. It worked out well, Brandelion picked out a racecar theme for his dad's birthday and DramaQueen enjoyed shouting " 'prise!!" We had cake (at 10:30 in the morning!) and I made breakfast.

For our annivesary, as we are short on funds, we decided to check out a big Asian supermarket that we had never tried. We felt like we had been transported overseas, and had a bit of culture shock -- we felt quite tall, and also, quite cramped, given that we Americans have an expectation of more personal space than other cultures. The kids loved looking at the the fish, crabs, and lobsters in the tank. I didn't have the heart to explain why the creatures were at a grocery store. Yikes!

We bought sushi making supplies and had an "in house" date after the kids went to bed. We made california rolls, shrimp hand rolls, and smoked salmon rolls. They came out pretty good, especially for a first attempt at sushi making.

As a side note - AtHomeHubby is a great cook, and I am decent at following a recipe, but usually leave it to him. When it comes to sushi though - it seems I have a knack! It was fun to make something for the person who is always cooking me all sorts of yummy stuff!

Overall, the kids stayed in bed and we had a nice night in - celebrating our six years together. It made me very nostalgic - and I just kept looking at him thinking how lucky I am and how much I love him.

Reason to lose #3 - I want to be healthy and married for a really, really long time!

1 comment:

LID said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all! Good for you guys! Home made sushi rolls -- the secret to a long lasting marriage -- who knew?