Sunday, January 7, 2007

Maybe if I put it in writing

I turn thirty this year on September 11th. YIKES. I am realtively happy with my life with the exception of my weight. It started creeping on in college (too much Lucky Charms and beer) and then only got worse each time I got pregnant. Really its my fault - lack of activity and eating too much crap. After AtHomeHubby and I went through a stressful year right after DramaQueen was born, I gained even more. In October, AtHomeHubby and I started a 4 week challenge for me to lose weight.

Side note: AtHomeHubby is a personal trainer who is not working in that capacity right now. He has an amazing body, but, like all beautiful people, is always trying to improve it. He is considering entering a body building competition this year - so, he is trying add mass while I am trying to lose it!

Between October and Christmas I lost 10 pounds. I held steady over Christmas, and have lost maybe one pound or so since. I would like to lose another 53 pounds between now and my birthday. That's about 34 weeks away (less than a pregnancy!) and works out to losing about 1.5 pounds a week - a lofty goal. So, I'm going to post about it, in the hopes that being accountable, at least to my blog, will help me stay on track. So, today, went to the gym 45 minutes of cardio. No major food slip ups.

I am going to post a weekly (or more often) reason I want to lose weight. Here goes:
REASON #1: I want to lose weight because then I will physically look like I belong with my husband. Right now, whenever we go somewhere (particularly the gym), I always imagine people thinking, "what is he doing with her??"
There, that's a good first reason. More to come...


2 comments:

LID said...

Hey WG -- you're certainly not alone, although I'm quite happy with my 42 year old figure, arthritis and all, some of our friends that share your gender are on this quest as well.

Check out:

http://wipingupsnot.typepad.com/disappearing_girl/

and

http://othejoys.blogspot.com/2007/01/on-pounds.html

Terry said...

Hey WG..

I have faith in you!! I started a recent body image improvement myself. Lost 11.5 lbs in two months and survived the holidays..Look forward to hearing your progress..