Tuesday, January 9, 2007

My son believes in ghosts

Here is yet another story about Brandelion. You would think that DramaQueen never does anything, but she does whine alot, and cutely imitates her big brother. Brandelion, though, is just at that adorable age where he is really starting to tell stories.

This has been an ongoing saga for about the last week. I was waking up the other morning when he appeared about 2 cenimeters from my face and said,

"mom - there is a GHOST in my room. I went potty last night and when I went to bed, I KNOW I didn't lock my door, but when I woke up, and looked, my door was LOCKED!!! It must be a ghost."

Cut to the last few nights trying to get him to go to bed where we have tried to convince him either (1) there is no such thing as ghosts, (2) even if there are ghosts, they can't hurt you, or (3) daddy must have checked on you that night and accidentily locked your door.

side note: this is called arguing in the alternative - it
occasionally works for me in front of judges too!

NONE OF THIS IS WORKING!!! He has told us the story about his door for over a week, and he is just convinced. I, once again, blame Disney, and their AWFUL show "Danny Phantom". This show, which Brandelion has called, "Fanny Tasm" (cute, huh?) ever since he first saw it - is really too old for him. We try to keep him from it, and have now decided to go all out ban on it - but, the idea of ghosts has stuck!

I'll update if we ever figure out a way to get him over this! He will eventually go to sleep but it pratically requires an all-out exorcism of all of the demons lurking in and around his room.

3 comments:

Angel said...

I have to laugh at the attorney angle to convincing your child. Perhaps I've been around my hubby too much (he's an attorney) but we do the same thing. I have found my children able to argue a finite point. *sigh*

Danny Phantom is older. Your son sounds like my daughter where if she gets an idea in her head she won't let go.

LID said...

I'd take a ghost over a werewolf any day! Ghosts can be reasoned with, especially with the good ones like Casper. I've never met a friendly werewolf though...just a thought.

Angel said...

My daughter told me the next day this..."Mommy." (serious tone) "There is no such thing as werewolves." It made me think I had a stroke and imagined it all.

btw, you and my hubby would probably get along, he too is an attorney.